Saturday, November 15, 2008

Upcoming Drinking Game

The upcoming HCPS school board meeting ought to be fun. Hope there are plenty of hot wings available for this newest sporting event.

What do you think the betting odds will be on the following:


A public speaker will be told they are out of order?

The televised and main-stream production will malfunction?

The members of the public that are there to speak about the Alafia Elementary debacle will be told that the Board will not be receiving comments about that at this time, and that another meeting will be scheduled for them to speak at some yet-to-be-determined time?

Someone will actually be hand-cuffed?

No one will talk about the word "public" in Hillsborough County Public Schools?

At least one Board member will have the temerity to hold their "Robert's Rules Of Order" book up high while they are calling for a point of order?




I am sure some of you can come up with some more. First round of drinks are on me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am betting someone will pre-position a few Bradman/Unipsych mental health professionals to assist any stressed out teachers or board members who didn't take the thoughtful advice to use their 5 free days of counseling.

Anonymous said...

I will be there to let the board know that Kipley told me that in the eight years she has been on the job she has not witnessed a single person prevail during a termination hearing.

I will then ask the rhetorical question, are termination hearings fair if no one has ever prevailed.

Anonymous said...

Take that with a grain of salt.

She told me that she a direct line to the States Attorney's office and would know the States Attorney's decision regarding my case before anyone. In fact my lawyer informed me that the allegations were bogus a full day before Professional Standards called me.

Perhaps they knew the day before and decided to let me sweat an extra day. That is possible and in keeping with their total disregard for teachers.

Ms Kipley told me that the numbers of allegations of abuse against teachers has sky-rocketed in the time she has been there. She didnt think much of my suggestion that she consider mentioning this to someone so as to give teachers a heads up.

My school email was monitored and thrown in my face when I made some comments about my Principal. I am also sure my Principal saw them too thereby further poisoning the well.

Dont worry about her. She is trying to scare you.

Anonymous said...

Richard, why don't you come and enjoy your Cracker Jacks behind home plate? I'll lend you my Alafia shirt to wear. :)

Bring bail money!

PRO On HCPS said...

a ha - an invitation from an anon!

Cracker Jacks and behind home plate - is that an euphemism?


So many things to say. So many people who could read it.