Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Seeking Order Is Not Bullying" - Someone Needs To Seek Robert's Rules

In today's Tribune:


Seeking Order Is Not Bullying


Eskay pointed how how the culture of our local education system is defined from the top:

Vile, Venom, and Vitriol : EsKay



An astute commentary about the above issue was posted on the Casting Room Couch:


Lee Drury De Cesare's Casting-Room Couch: Some Ghost Writer Assisted Falliera to Look Literate




Interesting enough, I too had to try to learn Robert's Rules of Order when I was on the Superintendent's Advisory Council on Special Education for HCPS. I wonder if they still follow the rules there.


PRO on HCPS: Who is Robert? Where did he Rule?:



"...... I was more intrigued with the discussion about the Parliamentary issues the Board grappled with. I have had the experience of being on a District Council Board. After the first meeting, I immediately bought a book - 'Robert's Rules of Order'. I had no clue what they were, but I quickly realized there was one member in the group who knew them, and he wielded a lot of influence through the use of the 'rules'. I started reading the book, and kept it with me for the two or less years I was involved.

Which brings me to last night. This is the second recent revelation I have had about the 'non-knowledge' (ignorance always sounds so negative despite the proper use) of the Board as a group to either independently know or collaboratively use 'the rules of the game'."

No comments: