Thursday, November 13, 2008

Seeking Order Is Not Bullying#comments - page 2?

Seeking Order Is Not Bullying#comments:

"Posted by ( wheels ) on 11/13/2008 at 01:52 pm.
What about teachers being bullied into signing documents that contain false information? Did the Trib also lay-off all their reporters?"



Oh my, this statement by "wheels" is ripe.



After my IEP meeting of December 16, 1996 (the one that diligent readers of my blogs would understand created the person I am today), I needed help, solace and "retribution'.

I got it.

To make a long story short, I will stick to the point of "signing documents that contain false information".

After I quickly started learning the truth about Special Education Law (IDEA), I realized that most of the information that HCPS gave to parents and their employees was "propaganda". During the months that followed, I started going to IEP meetings with other parents who needed help with their IEP's (imagine that).

One of the many intriguing phenomenons I learned was how many of the IEP's were signed by HCPS employees who were not at the IEP meetings. It was pretty easy to see, especially when the parent had a copy of the original IEP, yet the copy that was given as the "current IEP" had all of the needed signatures.

I think this pattern of behavior stopped for a while, but since those pesky "advocates" have subsided in their IEP attendance, I wonder if that behavior is occuring more.

I have witnessed first hand the falsification of documents, altered documents, fabricated documents and of course "lost documents".

That is why when the District gets slammed, I laugh my ass off.

No comments: