Friday, November 14, 2008

Somewhere There Is An Alafia Elementary Blog Spot

I heard rumors that there is a blog dedicated to Alafia Elementary.

Update - delete this part: (
I hear it has a lot of comments on it. I also heard it was pretty intense.
)

I don't have a link to it yet.

Has anyone ever read "Death By Education" by William Wieser"?

William Wieser Books (Used, New, Out-of-Print) - Alibris

There are other places it can be found. Amazon.com has a few. I will say that the price has gone up in the last two years. It is written by an ex-teacher of HCPS about HCPS. If you want to better understand the culture of HCPS, it should be a must read.

I have two copies, but they are not for sale. There are still a few active employees that were written about in this ex-teacher's narrative of what happened to him.

Anyway, I keep hearing rumors about a blog about Alafia Elementary.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got the book last year when my job was at risk because of a vindictive supervisor. A fascinating story.

I will say this. Weiser's story was a chilling reminder of the culture that I believe still exists.

Scarey

PRO On HCPS said...

If one reads that book, reads the Erwin case, reads the first Whitehead case and puts these "isolated incidents", it makes for the proverbial chill wind blowing through Hillsborough County.

Most people do not know what they are up against.

Anonymous said...

Go to April Griffin's blog. She has the link to Alafia's blog.

Anonymous said...

www.alafiaelementary.blogspot.com