Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"Toto" is to "dog" as "????" is to "gator"

I know most of you have always fantasized about Dusty Springfield and the Hollies being in bed together. C'mon. Don't lie. Speaking of lying, is it true that our local education agency is soon going to start sending out "truth squads". I will assume that they won't be wearing those jack-boots. They wouldn't be that stupid to recreate a point in history, would they?

So, I was wishing and hoping' and trying to get a message to you about this dream I had. I think it can be done by some of you out there in gatorland that have a more imaginative mind than mine. I am sure all of you have seen the movie "The Wizard of Oz". And if they can make a movie called "The Wiz", I know damn good and well they can fullfil my dream.

Do you remember the scene where Dorothy, the lion, tinman and scarecrow are standing before the giant curtain? Remember those big, billowing flames of hot air with that thunderous noise scaring you to death and making you pee your pants? But the real important part was the scene where the little dog is pulling back the massive curtain.

Bingo. We may have to create a reptile union of sorts, but somehow we have to replace that little canine with a true little blue gator. If they have cowardly lions and strawmen scarecrows, I think we can work in a blue hued gator.

Is it true that the local education agency is spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on maintaining the curtain and the huge gas bags required to blow all that smoke? I heard a rumor that their road crew was right now as we speak gearing to go out on the road tommorow night. How much money does that cost, especially paying their key grips at union prices?

I have written about Toto before:
PRO on HCPS: An Atta-boy and an Anagram For Otto

Why not have a gator and pony show. It might be less expensive.

Maybe we could call it "Gaga".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure all that the district administrators want to say now is "See ya later, alligator".