Wednesday, December 10, 2008

If You Are Looking For Some Responsible Blogging Discourse - Check This Out

I don't know a lot about the First Amendment. I am not a strong believer in Wikipedia, but I will start with it:

Talley v. California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:


"Talley v. California, 362 U.S. 60 (1960), was a case in which the Supreme Court of the United States held that a Los Angeles city ordinance which forbade the distribution of any handbills in any place under any circumstances if the handbills did not contain the name and address of the person who prepared, distributed, or sponsored it was void.

Talley is often cited for the proposition that identification requirements burden speech."


Let me know if I am off base on this one. I must say I am having a difficult time processing what I have read and heard recently regarding blogging. I can't grasp how such a concept can be proposed from such a public position. My concern is not who said it. My concern is that it was said by an official of the public.

I can't help but think that perhaps the daily reminders to these public officials to not speak out because of legal repercussions has somehow been twisted into "if we can't say what we think, neither can the public."


Anyway, the title says something about responsible blogging, so go here:


Blogger: Sound Off And Be Heard - Post a Comment

No comments: