Friday, April 4, 2008

Wheelchair Policy May Have Prevented Sex

Oh I Think I'm Going Out of My Head-

"I must think of a way
Into your heart
There is no reason why
My being shy should keep us apart" - Little Anthony and The Imperials


Thanks for "The Gradebook" for this link: "Sex to Cure Shyness".

After reading the article, I am sure everyone is as stunned as I am. Perhaps this is another one of those incidents where there may be another side of the story, according to the public comments.

What should have been a major concern, although I did not see mention of it, is whether or not the teacher had a Dr's note authorizing the use of her wheelchair on campus. According to the story, this is how the student took advantage of the teacher. The 8th grade student used the old ruse,similar to helping an old lady across a street, to push the teacher's wheelchair only for the purpose of extorting sex from the teacher for his wheelchair support service, and added the sly shy act just to nail the victim teacher.

Where is the outrage? I am shocked that the School Board did not address this issue in the same manner they did this one. If there is no policy that says teacher's need a Dr's note, then this issue must be addressed so more students don't have sex with teachers.

No comments: