Tuesday, April 1, 2008

We Have to Hand It To Them

Somewhere in my rants and raves I am sure I wrote about my perception of how within the HCDS, once an administrative decision is made, it will be defended simply by principal, no matter how poor an act it was or even if it was based on bad information. I learned that a long time ago.

I had another one of those convenient dreams last nights that fits right in with a new idea for a cash bull or maybe an excrement cottage industry. In my dream, I was driving by one of our local schools, and I noticed that several of the students did not have any hands.

Since I have an inquiring mind, plus have a burning desire to understand the mechanisim of our public school industry, I started asking questions. I found out that a while back, one of the students had hit another student with a fist. The attacked student's parent caused a big stink at the school. This parent of the victim accused the District of allowing fists on campus despite the common knowledge that fists can be weapons. Upon further investigation by the District and the legal representatives of the victim, it was determined that the District had prior knowledge that fists had indeed been used as weapons at other school sites.

I also found out that the school board, in order to protect themselves from liability of allowing weapons on school property, issued a policy banning all fists from school sites and any school functions, unless and until a Dr's note and a "hold harmless agreement" was signed by the students and their parents.

For those students who objected to this policy, their hands were taken away until they secured the proper paperwork.


I heard a rumor that a student hit another student with a book and that is why some classes don't issue text books to the students, nor let them take the books home. I am not sure about that one, but I can still dream.

No comments: