Thursday, January 1, 2009

Gods Are Watching HCPS - Who Knew?

I was looking at information regarding our local public education agency. It might not be too far off that, in order to save money for the kids, information may not be available to the public.

I am sure others spent the first day of the new year snooping around the Hillsborough Association of School Administrators' website. For those who are curious, I didn't find what I was looking for.

However, I did find something that I thought was oddly recorded in some old minutes. I can just imagine the hoopla this could make for those who ardently keep God out of our schools. My country-boy logic tells me that if "administrators are viewed as children of a lesser God", then that means some employees of the HCPS are viewed as "children of a greater God".



"The problem is that somehow administrators are viewed as “children of a lesser God” because they are not in the classroom anymore."

"Indexing salaries for certificated personnel with teacher salaries would get the Board away
from having to debate publically [sic]the raises for administrators."


Good heavens. What I am wondering about is why would HASA be concerned about the Tribune "has been printing negative articles regarding the extension of the DROP" if God is watching, lesser or greater.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is funny. I never knew. I am the child of a greater God!!!!

I'm not sure if there is a lesser or greater God but if there is, I am certain that administrators are of the lesser type.

My father in faw is a School Board member in a Virginia school system. district. I sent him the video of Ms Falerio's attempt to remove Ms. Griffin.

For one of the few times in the 30 odd years I have know him, he was speechless. He sent it to the other board members. I suspect he ended up feeling pretty good about the performance of his board.

Richard, you gave me a much needed laugh. I look forward to getting back to my students' but its just not enough anymore to keep me from hanging it up after this year. I described what was going on in my school and the district in general with a close friend in Virginia and she described it as a cesspool.

She couldn't believe I was marked as "needs improvement" because I was sick so much the first 9 weeks.

Did yo get a proper invitation to each IEP meeting involving your kid?



Cesspool. Isnt that sad?

PRO On HCPS said...

"Rules?" (ie: Robert's Rules of Order)

"We don't need no stinking rules!"

No, I did not always get proper notification of my IEP meetings. But those types of proceduaral issues were low on my issues of concern, although procedural issues are easier to prove.


Trying to overcome "low expectations" and "appropriate educational settings" is a much more difficult issue to pursue.