Thursday, March 26, 2009

Some Bloggers Are Like Candles In The Wind

A couple of days ago I wrote a few comments around this premise:

PRO on HCPS: "Protester Burnout":

"education systems rely on 'protester burnout' as a matter of fact."


I like to read the posts and comments on the blogs that write about the Hillsborough County Public School system for several reasons. One reason is to conceptualize other perspectives about issues I have already formed some very strong opinions about. While I haven't used the phrase in a while, long time readers would note that I used to say "prove me wrong" when I offered an opinion or view point about "the system". So far, no one has taken up one of those challenges except Goader. We should all understand the chilling wind that effects Goader's limited posts.

There is a studied reason of how this book came about it's name: From Emotions To Advocacy. I have met Mr. Wright in various venues across the states. He and others like him have as much passion for helping students with disabilities and their families as those who have passion to protect the public education systems against students with disabilities and their families. I previously wrote about how school systems share their knowledge of defense. Seminars like "Staying out of Hot Water: Practical Tips for Avoiding Special Education Legal Disputes (what to say; what not to say!)" are helpful to minimize a school system's liability and may very well provide tips on cost saving practices.

Suffice it to say that to maintain the emotional energy it takes to deal with "the system" takes a lot of emotional and mental stamina. I generally use mocking humor as a crutch, because to deal with "the system" seriously and expecting change can be very disappointing.

I have managed to keep my candle lit for at least 14 years. And like Elton said, sometimes you never know who to cling to when the rain sets in.

No comments: