Thursday, March 5, 2009

Is Money Really The Answer?

I will assume that I am not the only one who has heard over the years that simply putting more money into our public education system is not "the answer".

I will assume that I am not the only one who has thought that accountability for the money that goes into the public education system is more of what is needed for the "the answer".

I will assume that we can all understand that a flawed system, left unchanged, will only continue to "spend" money the way it always has, no matter how much money is infused into it.

I will assume that we can all imagine what our public education system would be like if our government poured as much money into it as has recently been poured into the banking industry and some car manufacturing industries.

Would the outcome be any different?

No comments: