Sunday, March 23, 2008

Ask - And we shall receive

The other day I posted this comment:

"What was interesting to me is how this can go on without other school employees stopping it. I also have this vision that when people retire from the system, they will come out and publicly denounce what they tolerated for so many years."

The whole context can be found here:
Get Rid of the Good, Keep the Bad - Makes It All Ugly

And now we have someone from within the system that is coming out:
I am Nobody's Patsy

For those who want to debate the merits of Good Friday, at least this was a good Saturday.

It comes down to trust. Systems need trust between the components to be successful. Trust leads to respect. Look at the components of students, parents, teachers, school staff, and administration. How many of them trust each other? How many of them disrepsect each other?

We all have stories to tell about disrespect. I am upfront that I don't trust the system. When I was in the system, there were a few teachers, principals and maybe one administrator I trusted. There were a few teachers, principals and administrators that taught me not to trust. It took me a few years to learn, because I never recognized the patterns of how I was dealt with. Once I recognized it, everything became clear. I caught them in their lies. I paid attention to the paperwork, kept copies, and was able to produce evidence of how they forged documents. Their arrogance and abuse of their authority was then difficult to be carried out. Not that they didn't continue to try, because that is all they have when the truth doesn't work for them.

Look around at your own situation, and tell me I'm wrong.

I am glad someone is coming out. Maybe someday we can have a "no patsy parade".

1 comment:

Nobody's Patsy said...

Hey Pro--

It's all about the documentation. If it isn't on paper, then it never happened. The best things people like you and myself (and countless others) is to teach our breatheren who, how, when, and why to document. We are all highly educated folks, we of all people should know about the power of the pen. I am availble for lessons if need be.