Thursday, October 9, 2008

When The System is Defended By Blaming The Method Of The Complainers

Parents Critical Of Alafia Elementary Principal#comments#comments#comments#comments


The above link has the comments up until 9:40 pm. I am not sure if new comments will be linked to as they are already up to 5 pages.


Today's comments have both "defenders" of the principal along with "supporters" of the "fab 5" as one commenter named the speakers that appeared before the school board.

One of the defenders had this to say:
"In my opinion, you've taken a giant step backwards by using a public forum as a whipping post."


I have no other knowledge about the specifics than what I have read in the newspaper. However, I have plenty of personal experience about how the scenario is being played out. I was once part of a group of parents that spoke at a school board meeting. My speaking at that meeting came about after years and years of being lied to and deceived in many different settings by a few people. Longtime readers of my blogs would know that right after I wrote a letter of complaint in the fall of 1996 to one of my son's principals, I was threatened with trespassing. My wife and my son and I experienced first hand the retaliatory actions of the system. They were not isolated incidents. I don't need a broad brush to make my attacks.

Frequent readers of my blogs would also know that I, and others, firmly believe that the public forum is the Achilles heal of the system. When defenders of the system blame the parents for "foul play", it fits the mindset of a system that doesn't play by the rules but when the message finally gets out to the public, the system calls out "unfair".

I went up the chain of command only to be dropped back to the bottom of the rung again. For six years I treated those who I thought were professionals with respect. I spent years trying to make sense of the lies and the destruction or fabrication of documents that they needed to support their lies. What defenders of the system don't realize that once the system loses the trust of those they are not being honest and straightforward with, the system can not simply demand or command respect based on a false image. The system is so arrogantly full of itself that it thinks it can get away with stepping on people with no consequence.

That dog don't hunt in my neck of the woods because I know, and I know others that know, including many that work in the system, what the truth is about the system. Arf!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please keep shining the light on this one!