Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Parents Critical Of Alafia Elementary Principal - Comments After Board Meeting

The fact that so many people can now watch the HCPS school board meetings either on TV or on their computer is going to change how business is done. Those who control information have power. When "the information" is not the truth is when things get bad. A review of history should teach us about that.

I don't know what the truth is about Alafia Elementary, but I believe there are a few people who do. Time will tell if the rest of us will learn the truth.

It is very interesting what happens when the public gets involved in the public education system. One thing we do know is there is going to be a lot of meetings held.

Below are some of the new comments on the Tribune site that were posted after the board meeting yesterday where so many people eagerly awaited the report on the situation:

Don't forget to look up what the Delphi Technique is and how public school systems use it.



Parents Critical Of Alafia Elementary Principal#comments#comments#comments#comments#comments: "Posted by ( ConcernedTaxpayer ) on 10/21/2008 at 10:10 pm.
I was really disappointed in Elia's speech at the school board meeting. I feel like I'm paying a lot of people a lot of money to have continous meeting about a problem that has existed for several years. In the real world we deal with problems. I guess when the government has problems, they pay a lot of people a lot of money to attend meeting and continue to sweep the problems under the rug. Well Otero and Sikes, am I correct? Your brooms should be worn out by now. When I see how my tax money is be spent, I really want to get a refund!
Report Inappropriate Comments
Posted by ( raider1 ) on 10/21/2008 at 10:29 pm.
I just finished viewing the school board meeting. Mrs. Elia refers to Mr. Otero and how he was open to teachers calling his office to discuss the concerns expressed by the teachers following his June 4th meeting with parents. That is not what I experienced. After numerous attempts to contact him through his secretary I was finally told he had heard from enough teachers and would not be taking any more calls. Not exactly open and willing to listen. I appreciate Mrs. Elia's desire to inform the public and school board about the history of this situation, but be careful when stating he was there to hear what teachers had to say. I know of one teacher who did speak with Mr. Otero personally and she was extremely disappointed in his attitude and his lack of attention to her concerns.

Certain sounded like lip service then, we'll wait to see if it's lip service now."

No comments: