Friday, October 10, 2008

Behavior Modeling Malfeasance: Tampa School Shows Eye For Fashion, Tolerance

Here is my source link:

Tampa School Shows Eye For Fashion, Tolerance

This is the kind of actions that drive me crazy. I do not hold a doctorate degree in behavior, but I can guaran-darn-tee you that what I am about to say is what every professional behavior therapist,counselor,effective parenting coach or any purveyor of truth about appropriate teaching strategies for our youth should tell you:

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS

YOUNG PEOPLE DISCERN DISCREPANCIES AT A VERY HIGH RATE - WHICH MEANS HYPOCRISY
IS NOTED WHEN IT HAPPENS



Please, please help me with this.

First, read with comprehension the complete above article. Make sure you read this part:

"It diversifies their ideas and creates more of an understanding of the people who dress like this," he said.


Next, since I haven't read the recent highschool handbook, please let me know if what this activity promotes meets the dress requirements of the HCPS.

In other words, if I had a male kid that was "donning lipstick and eye shadow", would this be acceptable to the dress code?

Just wondering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Richard

Dress code? Please...the AP at my school wears her hair with a tint of orange. Mind you this hair style would get a kid sent home.

We allow kids to pay to wear hats (dress code violation) to raise money for breast cancer research. I am all for breast cancer research but allowing kids to violate dress code to raise money is silly.

If hats are banned because they are a distraction....are they less of a distraction when they are worn to raise money?

I think we should totally give up on dress codes. Unenforced dress codes are worse than NOT having them.

La La land. its madness.

The Darwin comment on the link made me laugh out loud.

Madness.