Tuesday, June 16, 2009

On A Hot Summer Night, A Meatloaf Dinner Sans The Kiss

My first reaction to Goader being thrown under the bus was that he took the words right out of my mouth.

While I have long appreciated Meat Loaf and Meatloaf lovers should know the refrain, the only part of this song that is germane to my point is simply "you took the words right out of my mouth".


The origin of what Goader is responding to can be found here: The Abyss: The Kemp case.

Unlike other bored bloggers, perhaps even those of Cherokee heritage that are "Unto the Hills", I have seen so many points of interest lately that I am in another analysis paralysis.


I also don't understand how some use the Pee Wee Herman "I know your are, but what am I" attempt at trying to point out hypocrisy as the only defense for criticism or debate regarding the actions of the HCPS. There are many differing forces that can differentiate how one person can or can not do the same behavior as another. For instance, I can talk publicly about my son's IEP, but a school employee can not. I can distribute copies of an IEP to anyone I choose, yet it would not be hypocritical of me to call out a school employee who did the same action. Depending on circumstances, we are each held to a set of standards that may not be the same across all settings.

I am still working on formulating my ideas about the abuse of power and authority.

No comments: