Saturday, July 26, 2008

Missed A Comment On "Free Breakfast"

Somehow I did not see this comment posted by Thomas Vaughn:

"Do you honestly think the free breakfast is a money maker? I have never heard that before."


I cannot locate the original article, but I first wrote about it here:

"One more thought while I have the opportunity. In the Palm Beach Post article, there was this sentence: "Palm Beach County's program will be paid for with state and federal money. It might even be a money-making venture for the food service department, which operates as an independent corporation and does not draw from the district's general fund."

This statement leads me to believe that the motivation for the program was money, not the stated reasons of having more alert students. I could be wrong, oh me of little faith.

August 13, 2007 9:09 AM"



.... Read the complete comment by "anonymous", which was me.
The article I was referring to was written August 13, 2007. I did a few search attempts and could not locate it.

******

As far as contrived social programs to create dependency, I believe that this is a much argued sociological issue in many arenas, public education being one of them.

I don't think it is much of a secret that political groups identify and target specific groups to provide services for in return for voter support.

No comments: