Wednesday, September 3, 2008

One More Bus Story - Pt. II

From my previous post - Anonymous said...

PLEASE, allow me to comment on this. As I read the paper this morning, I felt that Lamb sure did have a lot of nerve to make his comment. Why would ANYONE--teachers or parents bother to show up at a "special" meeting? Elia and the rest of her Board have been downright UNinterested--to put it nicely--in ANYTHING that parents or teachers have had to say at regular Board meetings ! Why should any of us really believe they want to hear from us, now ? It's way past too late to express concern for the welfare/opinions of constituents.

September 3, 2008 6:45 PM

***********

As usual, there is one sentence that begs for attention:

"Why should any of us really believe they want to hear from us, now ? "

I think it would be fair to say that it appears that April Griffin does want to hear from "us".

However, I fully agree with "anon" that most people who have any insight into the HCPS system would find it hard to "believe that they want to hear from us".

Having read "anon's' post, it jogged my memory. I previously asked "what value" do the "town meetings" have. It dawned on me that perhaps the only real value these meetings have is that a "check mark of accountability" can be marked to "demonstrate collaboration with the public".

In other words, another "paper compliance" as opposed to an "actual compliance".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are ENTIRELY right. This school district is in trouble, and the treatment that the teachers, parents, and students receive is incredibly insulting.