Saturday, October 24, 2009

Put Me In A Room With Your Experts, and Let's Have At It

Florida & Tampa Bay schools blog - The Gradebook

I am a parent that graduated from East Bay High School, Hillsborough.

I am a parent who was a seventh in my class.

I am a parent who was in NHS.

I am a parent who was I'st chair trumpet player.

I am a parent who was I'st chair, undefeated, chess team.

I am a parent who was a member of the student council.

I am a parent who was the Drum Major.

I am a parent who lettered 3 years in baseball.

I am a parent who was a senior notable, voted "Most Likely To Succeed."

I am a parent who graduated from college.

I am a parent who is a recognized business owner of 33 plus years in my community.

I am a parent who is the president of a corporation.

I am a parent who was taught not to trust the local school system because of the countless numbers of lies they told me over a span of 20 years.

I am the parent of a disabled kid.

What else do you have?

Posted by: Bring It On | October 24, 2009 at 06:06 PM

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're the teachers who try to make a difference with many parents, just like you, and their children every single day. We do the best we can--but, we know more about teaching than working the system--so we're doing what we can--and
Staying Way Under the Radar

Anonymous said...

Mr. Hancock--
Your child has a caring father--many don't. That one factor outweighs many. A major thing in your child's life.
A parent & teacher

PRO On HCPS said...

There may be a few of you out there who may know me and the path my wife, son and I have been down.

The system created the attitude I have against the system.

I should have been an ambassodor for the system. Instead, I have such vitriol because of the lies and the outright disrespect for my intelligence and the rights that were supposed to be provided to me and my son.

Years ago, I first reacted against what was short on common decency. Then, when I learned about IDEA, the stakes got higher.

I have high regard for all of those that were honest with me. I have high regard for all of those, and there were many, who provided my son the opportunities to reach the level that he has, which is uncommon for kids like him.

As my son has continued to climb on the steps that many within the HCPS provided him, I will not forget the many outright lies and deceit that a few, but key, figures within the system used against my son and me. Those people were protected by the system more than the ones who were doing the right thing.

As the son of a full Colonel, I understood the concept of chain of command. The power people flaunted their power at me because that was all they had. No substance, just fluff and bluff.

I despise the arrogance with ignorance of the system because it underminds everyone that only engages the system for the innocent purposes of education.

These gate keepers prey on trust.

Anonymous said...

Just reading this Mr. Hancock... Teacher need more parents like you.
Best wishes to you. I hope you stay involved.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.