Saturday, May 24, 2008

Salt in the wound

As the parent who harbors many anecdotal stories of experiences with some public school personnel that exhibited ignorance and arrogance, this story stirs my memories.
Readers who have read my blog will realize that I recognize and am grateful for the real professionals and the hard work and dedication they gave to the success of my son.

As the saying goes, "one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch". For years, I use to qualify my complaints about the wrong doing of a specific teacher or administrator with complimenting the good things that others were doing. This practice of mine stopped after one of my speakings at a board meeting, after which my complaints were brushed aside and the feedback was what great accolades I gave to the school system. That was a formative event for my perception that District personnel think image is everything, even without substance.

No comments: